People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you a Data Architect who has experience implementing programs where you are defining how Data should be managed? Are you interested in working on a transformational program which will define how our client will be perceived in the market moving forward? Our client is a well-known Vancouver company with a unique culture and strong community presence. We love this company because of its strong brand and the opportunity for employees to work with a tight-knit team of like-minded people.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Data Architect for a 12 month contract position to provide the tactical and strategic direction in the areas of data architecture, business intelligence analytics, data mining and visualisation, and assessment of data quality and consistency across platforms and geographical areas. The Data Architect will take an active technical leadership role in the successful implementation of major projects; some include Enterprise Resource Planning, Human Capital Management, and Business Intelligence and Analytics.
The successful candidate will work with business and IT teams as well as project teams to develop a comprehensive enterprise data model representing key business information. In addition, the Data Architect will coordinate with IT teams the development of information gathering, storing, security and reporting standards. This role will be responsible for providing guidance on best practices in data management while working in coordination with the Enterprise Architect to lead the successful planning, design and implementation of the Data Management program to support current projects and future needs.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Work with the Enterprise Architect on defining and implementing the strategy and roadmap for enterprise data; implementation and data management for new and existing data sources, publicly available data, and advanced data analytics.
- Perform a key technical leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualisation, data mining, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation.
- Act as project architect to determine data requirements, apply best practices and provide recommendations and solutions for successful system implementation, ensuring that architecture elements are consistent enterprise wide.
- Take a technical leadership role in the planning, design, and successful execution of ERP data migration strategy.
- Build upon and maintain the architecture process to deliver business aligned data, information and analytics strategies, capabilities, roadmaps and solutions.
- Develop, maintain and promote principles, policies, standards and guidelines that define best practices in the information domain and guide data architectures and design decisions. These include common data models, common data vocabulary, metadata, data flow models, and canonical interface definitions (data services).
- In collaboration with the Enterprise Architect, lead the development and implementation of the Data Governance model.
- Develop signature-ready artifacts (e.g. reference models, templates, checklists) that can be leveraged for developing strategy aligned data management and analytics solutions.
- Participate in research, evaluation, and proof of concept for new products, technologies and applications impacting data and analytics architecture.
- Collaborate with the BI Manager on understanding the business requirements and business processes, data warehouse design, including data modeling, extract-transformation-load (“ETL”) and/or extract-load-transformation (“ELT”) processes.
- Coordinate with IT teams to provide guidance on best practices around data management and analytics.
- Exhibit a creative and innovative mindset when crafting solutions for complex business challenges.
- Exercise tact, courtesy and professionalism in ensuring effective team work and fostering productive relationships.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering complex data and information architectures which would be gained through 8+ years of progressively more responsible work in this field.
- Expert level experience in data governance; data ownership definition, process and workflow modeling.
- Expert level experience in Master Data Management (MDM).
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts, data warehouse concepts and database architecture and design.
- Solid understanding of SOA principles and data integration concepts and solutions following various data integration patterns, including Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), ELT and ETL.
- Experience with architecture frameworks like DAMA’s DMBok and TOGAF.
- Extensive experience in operational and multidimensional physical and logical data modeling including data modeling and migration tools.
- Extensive experience providing practical direction on information and analytics platforms in conjunction with EDW tools and technologies.
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with planning and execution of data migration scenarios.
- Demonstrable experience in presenting and explaining complex architecture concepts to non-technical audience.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Experience with SQL based RDBMS environments (design and administration).
- Able to balance deliverables and priorities while working independently or as part of multiple project teams.
- Have experience with complex Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations and sustainment projects; preferably Microsoft AX Dynamics.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.