Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards including Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you have a passion for putting deployment tools and processes into the hands of Developers. You'll use leading edge technologies to deploy and manage 1000s of servers and the infrastructure that delivers a highly scalable and available service. You will be building our deployment pipeline and automating our operations workflows using the latest available tools.
Here are the technologies you'll be working with on a day to day basis:
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, Zookeeper)
- Deployment Automation (Puppet, Fabric, Ansible)
- Continuous Integration Systems (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Build Management Tools (Git, Maven)
- Scripting (Python, Ruby
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Experience as a System Administrator or as a Developer with Operations experience
- Experience with Puppet, Ansible, or Fabric
- Experience with Maven or other build systems
- Experience doing service level measurement and analytics
- Experience with configuration management
- Linux/Unix system administration and/or Windows Server system administration
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Bash
- Experience with Zabbix, Nagios, or other monitoring systems
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Java development experience is an asset
Here is what you will be doing on a day to day basis:
- Monitor the performance and improve reporting on production systems
- Database administration and report generation on production systems
- Enhance deployment procedures and participate in deployments
- Maintain and improve build and continuous integration system
- Ensure proper management of test and staging environments
- Design and execute performance benchmarks
- General system administration tasks on Linux and Solaris platforms
- Provide 3rd level support
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.