People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Our client is a global company that is a leader in their field. We love this company because they understand the importance of IT and they have a flat organization and a fun culture.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Business Analyst for a 6 month contract position.
- Gather the details behind existing business requirements and document in the form of User Stories.
- Consistently liaise between project management, development, stakeholders, vendors, and end users ensuring application development meets or exceeds functional specifications and customer needs throughout the SDLC and transition periods.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decomposing into detailed information.
- Produce, edit, and maintain detailed documentation to potentially include the following:
- Business Requirements
- Process Mapping
- User Personas and Stories
- User Test Scripts
- User Guides and Online Training Materials
- Knowledgebase & FAQs
- Maintain and communicate requirements throughout the development cycles including appropriate change control updates as approved.
- Interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, developers, testers, consultants, end users, and subject matter experts.
Additional Job Duties
- Translation of business needs into technical specifications for the IT teams.
- Leverage SDLC model for managing user stories, business requirements and the technical process through user testing.
- Document business processes and change impact based on solution design.
- Support/Lead user testing of solutions and collect appropriate stakeholder(s) sign-off.
- Partner with business sponsor(s) to design metrics, monitor and report on user adoption.
- Continuously reassess the status quo and consider alternative solutions leveraging lean principles to improve user experience, quality and add value to technology solutions
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science, Business, Economics or similar preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ business analysis experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Visio, Excel & Word 2010 experience.
- Experience with accounting systems, including commission calculations is preferred.
- Experience with Master Data Management (MDM) solutions is desirable.
- Data modelling experience is an asset.
- Exposure to and understanding of Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) principles.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills are required.
- Self-starter with critical and analytical problem solving skills.
- Analytical skills in being able to break down complex business topics into a consumable form.
- A quick learner, this person will be expected to draw upon their experience and immediately plug into the project.
- Expert organizational skills to work with a vast array of information and present in an organized manner at any time.
- Ability to thrive in a multifaceted environment and work in a fast paced and changing environment on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High standards, high quality work is of utmost importance
- Structured, organized and efficient work expected of self and others
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to lead teams or influence as needed to meet goals and deadline
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.