People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you an Android Developer who is driven, accountable, and loves to work on leading edge technology? Do you want to develop and solve problems to do with scalability and high availability in big data environments? Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards including Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for an energetic and easy going Android Developer for a permanent position to join their growing development team. This is an awesome opportunity to work on exciting projects in a team environment that fosters growth on both personal and career fronts.
Here's what you'll be doing on a daily basis:
- Work as part of an agile development team to implement mobile applications for Android devices to deliver enterprise services
- Write unit and integration tests for your code
- Design, in collaboration with other developers, product management and the user experience team, user interfaces and software implementations that satisfy business requirements
- Design, in collaboration with the architecture team, the system architectures that satisfy business requirements
- Collaborate with QA in development of test cases for code
- Document code and detail designs
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor and support operation of production systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Minimum 3+ years of experience building mobile applications for Android devices
- Experience developing native Android applications and familiarity with Android SDK
- Experience with client development on multiple mobile platforms
- Experience developing client/server/web interactions
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with source control systems, such as GIT
- Good knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Native iOS application development
- Hybrid mobile application development
- Google Play application publishing
- Telephony/Network API's
- Continuous Integration frameworks
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.