People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you a Senior Mobile Developer who is passionate and a problem solver? Are you self-driven and want to make a difference within a tight knit organization? Our client is an innovative company that works with encryption as well as on projects that disrupt the market. We love this company because of their fun, entrepreneurial spirit, and their beautiful new office located in downtown Vancouver.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior Mobile Developer for a permanent position to work on their subscription based platform and other projects in their growing Vancouver office.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Provide technical leadership
- Maintain and develop new features
- Ensure applications are maintained with optimal performance and scalability
- Participate in a highly collaborative environment
- Problem solving and troubleshooting
- Create testable clean code, document code
- Participate in code reviews and optimize front-end performance
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to define, develop, test, and ship
- Translating designs and wireframes into technical patterns and practices
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- BS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- +3 yrs experience of iOS application development and 2+ years of android application development.
- Strong development skills in Objective C or Swift for iOS.
- Strong development skills in JAVA for Android.
- Extensive working knowledge of the SDKs (Xcode, Cocoa, Android Studio) and related APIs.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Object Oriented concepts and mobile architecture.
- Proficient in understanding the design guidelines set out for both iOS and Android.
- Experience with fragmentation challenges from working with multiple Android versions running on different devices. Those challenges include developing to different screen sizes, different DPIs and different aspect ratios.
- Experience with multithreading, and familiar with encryption protocols such as PGP.
- Proven experience in a technical leadership role, and working in Scrum and / or Kanban with Agile teams.
- Working experience to translate functional requirements into technical specifications.
- Experience in conducting code reviews to ensure consistent quality, robustness, and conformance to standards and best practices.
- Experience with writing automated unit tests.
- Motivated and passionate about what you do, and possess the keen ability to motivate others in the process.
- Value team work and encourage collaboration.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.