People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you a Technical Program Manager who is driven, accountable, and loves to work on leading edge technology? Do you want to build pioneering products that are used by tens of thousands of users globally to solve real world business problems? Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards including Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016), is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Technical Program Manager for a permanent position to join a focused, agile product team to tackle interesting problems to do with scalability and high availability in big data environments. Challenge yourself with delivering products to some of the worlds largest and most influential firms.
Here's what you'll be doing on a daily basis:
- Own the up and down responsibility for the delivery of their component/feature
- Translate product roadmaps and feature requests into models, workflow diagrams, user stories, acceptance criteria, and other suitable artifacts
- Collaborate with other TPMs, architects, UI/UX, and team leads to drive requirements through the design phase
- Identify and coordinate cross-component dependencies throughout the development process
- Work with product management, development, and other departments to actively remove obstacles blocking progress and ensure program is within schedule
- Prioritize and groom their team(s) backlog
- Attend daily stand-ups with your product manager and other TPMs in your product team
- Attend daily stand-ups, grooming, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives and other team meetings with your agile team(s)
- Create work estimates, track progress, and report status in the form of burn up/down charts
- Support product management, marketing, sales, professional services, training, and technical support throughout the release process with training, documentation, announcements, and other release activities
- Understand the design, business logic, and technical architecture of their platform components and how those components interact with the rest of the platform
- Serve as primary product expert (functional, not technical) for the components for which you are responsible
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- 3-5 years of experience as a technical program/product manager
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Subject matter expertise in big data analytics, machine learning applications, etc
If would be great if you had:
- Experience with a SaaS, messaging, or enterprise software company
- Experience drive cross-team initiatives and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization
- Strong requirement elicitation, analysis, and documentation skills
- Experience planning, monitoring, and reporting on project status
- Experience as a software developer/engineer
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.