People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you a Senior Systems Analyst with a Computer Science background, strong development skills and a talent for talking to business stakeholders? Do you have a passion for the financial industry and a desire to work on a team where you will make an impact?
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior Systems Analyst for a permanent position. With about 450 people employed throughout their offices in Canada as well as in New York and London, our Client is a leader in the financial industry. We love this company because they treat their employees well and there is a lot of interesting work.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Working with traders and portfolio managers to provide systems support for mission critical equity and fixed income related trading activity
- Proactively monitor systems and identify areas for improvement
- Integrating third party trading systems with internal and external systems
- Performing MS SQL database administration and data replication for high availability and disaster recovery systems
- Developing in-house custom Web applications using .NET, Visual Studio development tools, C#, MS SQL Server and MS Reporting Services.
- As a developer, you will be responsible for the complete systems development life cycle including business analysis, planning, design, development, testing , deployment and user support
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- At least 6 years of work experience implementing third party systems and/or designing, developing and supporting progressively more complex financial applications
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or computer engineering with a GPA of 75% or higher
- Interest and/or experience developing systems for financial markets
- Strong business analysis skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an assertive and enthusiastic personality
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- Strong problem resolution skills and a results-oriented nature
- Experience with providing end-user support
- Experience with database administration, configuration implementation, and disaster recovery systems
- Experience supporting the Charles River Investment Management Solution is an asset
- Experience with TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Splunk, PowerShell or Spotlight on SQL Server an asset
- Understanding of the buy-side investment modeling, trading and settlement process is an asset
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company