People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you a Java Developer who is driven, a quick learner, and naturally works well as part of a team? Are you passionate about technology and do you love contributing ideas and working on projects that have an impact on the people around you? Our client is a company that provides services to the residents of BC. We love this company because they have great work life balance and you get to see the results of your work.
Our client has asked us to help them find a Java Developer for a 6 month contract.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Designs, develops and documents parts of a complex and comprehensive product suite.
- Produces code within quality and coding standards.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of our applications and provides ideas to improve them.
- Participates in the creation and review of architectural designs.
- Develops and conducts unit, integration, performance and regression testing.
- Participates in all Scrum activities such as Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint demos, Retrospectives, etc.
- Scopes and estimates work.
- Troubleshoots production issues.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as agreed upon by team.
- Relentlessly seeks out continuous improvement opportunities.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Degree or Diploma in Computing Science
- 4 to 6 years code integration in an application development. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Java, JEE, JBoss, Powershell or equivalent, RDBMS (MS SQL Server, ORACLE).
- Demonstrated ability in the development and analysis of technical specifications.
- Demonstrated ability in design and architecture modeling including UML.
- Experience with Agile approach to software development
- Experience in more than one IT discipline (e.g. software development and one other area such as systems analysis, testing)
- Experience in DevOps
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.