People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you an IT Business Partner who is passionate about leadership and ensuring that technology is a source of competitive advantage for the company? Do you enjoy managing projects and working in a tight knit team, and do you want to work for a company that is North America wide but with a Vancouver head office? Our client is a leading Vancouver manufacturing company that is financially stable. We love this company because they value the employees and their families and approach business from a long term perspective. Also, because of the fact that the IT organization is fairly new and there is buy in across the company, there is a substantial investment in technology.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for an IT Business Partner for a permanent position
As the Business Partner for Manufacturing and Supply Chain (MFG/SCM)
- You build and maintain partnerships with the company’s Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management departments from the operational level to senior management level.
- You are responsible for support and continuous improvement activities across all IT related business productivity tools used by the MFG/SCM Teams.
- You establish and maintain industry expertise and company business knowledge in your area of responsibility.
- You support and extend the integration of 3rd party applications within the Business systems portfolio.
- Supported SAP applications include, but are not limited to; PP, SCM/APO, MM.
- You support the SAP Center of Excellence (CoE) activities with a focus on MFG/SCM:
- Collaborate on the definition, prioritization, and implementation of CoE defined initiatives, including but not limited to the business case, development support, test execution, production release and related approvals.
- Analyze and map business requirements to SAP best practices in MFG/SCM
- Implement approved SAP MFG/SCM functionality
- Ensure quality project documentation (project plans, risk/benefit, test protocols, post implementation review)
- Ensure SAP MM, PP, and SCM/APO solutions are integrated with SAP and other software solutions.
- Limited Configuration of SAP ERP to optimize MFG/SCM business processes.
- Manage and work with SAP MFG/SCM external consultants, when required.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Work effectively within the Business Systems team and with the IT Operations team including IT Service Desk, IT Support Analysts, and core infrastructure teams to deliver effective IT support services to the business
- Understand company’s core business, and help employees leverage IT systems to drive business efficiencies and / or effectiveness
- Help establish IT priorities – based on business value – that can / should be considered in the development of IT plans
- As needed, manage relationships with key IT partners, including outsourcing relationships
- Working with the rest of the IT Operations Team, monitor and measure IT operations performance indicators that link to the IT Scorecard and corporate objectives
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Cost Accounting, Supply Chain/Manufacturing, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in SAP PP/MM
- Working knowledge of Planning & Scheduling, Standard Costing, Cost Accounting, Material Management and Supply Chain
- Experience providing IT support services in a medium to large organization operating in multiple locations and time zones
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative at problem solving, and a disciplined, detailed and diligent approach to IT project management and change management
- Passionate about delivering results, and determined to be the best in your field
Other requirements (nice to have):
- Experience within other SAP applications, especially SD
- Experience with SAP S4HANA
- Experience in Construction/Distribution/Manufacturing industries
- Experience with Windows 10, MS Office, Citrix, Vorne Boards
- Experience working with external IT vendors that provide outsourced IT services
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.