People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you a QA Analyst who loves data and has experience with Context Driven Testing methodology? Our client is a technology company which has the financial backing of a well-established, well-connected parent company. We love this company because each team member can make a significant impact, and because they like to hire smart, engaged people.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a QA Analyst on a part-time basis for a 3+ month contract to work with a remote team and to help launch a new version of their platform.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- You will be providing context based test strategy, approach and techniques that best fit the new platform
- You will be performing functional testing via the user interface, data related queries (using SQL and a few other tools) and possibly some automated testing at a later stage
- You are responsible for logging and managing bugs
- You will recommend any tips and tactics that can be used to improve things along the way
- You will investigate any weak points or bugs in the new platform
- You will learn the business via requirements
- You will communicate via status updates and reports, asking and answering questions
- You will work closely with developers and the project manager
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have 3+ years of enterprise applications testing experience
- You have 5+ years of experience developing and executing test plans
- You take a context based approach to deciding what to test and how
- You’re comfortable working with data, using SQL queries
- You communicate well with both technical and non-technical folks
- You communicate well across email, slack and on the phone
- You are a good self-learner and are willing to learn new systems
- You have proven analytical and problem solving skills
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You work well within a team
- You manage your time well and can handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- You understand the business, technology and functionality
- You are good at concise, efficient and effective documentation
- You are intelligent and creative, and work with a high level of integrity
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!