People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you a UX Lead who is an innovative problem solver and loves to coach more junior team members? Do you want to work on high profile projects that have a significant impact on the company? Our client is a fast-paced software company with a tight knit team of smart people. We love this company because the consultants can work on large projects while having fun at the same time.
Our client has asked us to help them find a UX Lead for a 12 month contract. The UX Lead will be responsible for executing and managing individuals and the user experience (UX) for high profile desktop and mobile initiatives.
Here is what you will be working on:
- You will produce and lead information architecture, wireframe and/or design prototyping within a level of detail that can be used to produce tickets for development.
- You will work with Product and Tech Leads to interpret business needs and requirements and provide design recommendations based on best practice ensuring that the design communicates the intended message and brand identity.
- You are responsible for usability testing including UserTesting.com and A/B testing to guide design solutions produce test scenarios, success metrics and can evaluate and communicate research findings into actionable insights and design improvements.
- You will conduct primary user research to develop an understanding of our customers, their goals, and the problems they experience including task analysis, user journeys and competitive/comparative analysis. Translate research findings into scenarios of use and designs for website or mobile.
- You will create and develop new products as well as re-energize existing products on our websites and mobile applications. Liaising on a consistent basis with the Director throughout a project to ensure design concepts are successful in terms of the look, feel and functionality. Ensuring that the design does in fact communicate the intended message and brand identity. Measuring success using KPI Metrics.
- You are responsible for executing and ownership of the UI style guide for websites and mobile applications. Keep abreast of current trends, practices and technological developments related to UX Design. Consistently applying methodologies for user centered design.
- You will present concepts and progress to stakeholders at all levels of management.
- You will manage and mentor assigned UX Designers, ensuring core processes are maintained and operations are run efficiently.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- University Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years’ experience working within with UX or User Centered Design methods and techniques for web and mobile platforms
- 3+ years’ leading or managing UX team of designers/researchers
- Prior experience working in high traffic, large scale websites either in house or agency/consulting firm
- Advanced knowledge of Sketch, InVision, UserTesting.com, A/B Testing, Online preference testing, etc.
- Worked within a fast paced, Agile, commercial on-line environment
- Excellent analytical and process oriented skills
- Self starter that shows great autonomy with speed of execution and precision
- Strong knowledge of on-line Industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Build and maintain external and cross functional relationships
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- MUST HAVE portfolio of work samples including but not limited to: comparative research, user testing results, user flows, wireframes, visual designs, etc.
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!