People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you a Network Analyst who is motivated, trustworthy, and works well within a team? Do you want to work on interesting projects where you see an immediate impact on the business? Our client is a stable and profitable manufacturing company that is a leader in their field, is still in growth mode and has an executive team that highly values IT. We love this company because the employees never have a shortage of new things to learn and the leaders are always open to new ideas to do things better.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Network Analyst for a permanent position to be responsible for the provisioning and support of network services as well as the configuration of enterprise network equipment (firewalls, switches, wireless access points, etc..) to provide connectivity for all the company's network clients.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Serve as technical specialist for network problems and emergencies.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established networks.
- Implement and test network hardware and software upgrades.
- Install, configure and maintain network components.
- Consult with clients to evaluate requirements and recommend designs
- Provide network documentation, training, and guidance to computing system clients and programmers.
- Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system.
- Analyze network solutions for short, medium, and long-range network projects.
- Determine plan layout for new hardware or modifications to existing layout.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Work with vendor’s support teams to resolve complex network problems.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent IT education and experience
- 3+ years of work-related experience in a large complex enterprise IT environment.
- Demonstrated Expert level knowledge of Network Security and Networking technologies.
- Experience with Checkpoint and Firewall management.
- Experience with VMware, Citrix and Riverbed virtual network environments.
- CCSA, CCSE, CCNA or CCIE certification an asset.
- ITIL certification an asset
- Experience with network security, wireless infrastructure, WAN optimization and network monitoring tools.
- Extensive experience supporting enterprise LAN switching technologies with demonstrated knowledge of supporting Spanning-Tree, VLANs, QoS, SNMP, sFlow/NetFlow, etc.
- Strong understanding of structured cabling infrastructure including CAT5/6, Fibre Optics media in both Outside Plant (OSP) and Inside Buildings.
- An extensive knowledge of industry standard hardware and software.
- Follows established policies and procedures, problem and change management in order to minimize business downtime and reduce risks.
- An ability to explain technical information to non-technical people.
- A good business understanding.
- Team working experience.
- High customer focus.
- Good project management skills.
- The ability to travel globally up to 50% of the time.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.