People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you a Systems Analyst who is motivated, trustworthy, and can work independently? Do you have great customer service and can you communicate with various levels of the company? Our client is a stable and profitable manufacturing company that is a leader in their field, is still in growth mode and has an executive team that highly values IT. We love this company because the employees never have a shortage of new things to learn and the leaders are always open to new ideas to do things better.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Systems Analyst to join a global team of IT professionals responsible for the design, development, testing and maintenance of applications in an environment of tightly integrated systems?
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Lead or assist in the planning, design and development of new applications and/or enhancements and upgrades to existing applications such as Meridian, ThoughtFarmer, ESRI, and ServiceNow.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and integration requirements for in-house and cloud based systems.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and procedures, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Create system specifications and diagrams to document business and technical requirements.
- Plan, schedule, and perform software installation, enhancements and upgrades.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth testing for new and modified systems.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for new and modified systems.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, or equivalent IT education and experience.
- You have 3 or more years of experience in a similar role.
- You have experience installing and maintaining mid-sized enterprise applications
- You are comfortable scripting in languages such as Powershell and Python
- If you have integrated applications with ESRI ArcGIS or other GIS systems that would be an asset
- Experience working with real-time data collection systems.
- You are proficient in writing complex SQL queries
- You are an excellent communicator who can talk to both technical and non-technical people
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!