People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you a Test Developer with strong skills in .NET and Selenium? Are you a great problem solver who can work independently but also as part of a team? Our client is a global company that is a leader in their field. We love this company because they understand the importance of IT and they have a flat organization and a fun culture.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Test Developer for a 3 month contract position with possibility of extension. As a Test Developer, you will deliver test automation to support Agile Testing within a rapid delivery environment. You will play a hands-on role implementing tests and updating test results.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Analyze User Story acceptance criteria to write automated tests including validation of required functionality and testing of edge cases
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
- Participate in triage and prioritization in a rapid delivery environment
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance methodology best practices
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You are familiar with C# .NET and testing tools such as: JIRA, Cucumber, Jmeter, Selenium
- You have a degree in computer science and a minimum of 2 years of test automation experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- You have extensive knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies; QA planning, processes, approaches to testing, defect identification and resolution
- You've got a full understanding of the software development lifecycle and its best practices.
- You have outstanding communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have experience with test automation tools and processes.
- You are a relentless advocate for engineering excellence
- You are a product thinker who can take the point of view of the customer and sees the different ways they can break the software
- You are an expert at communicating, knowing exactly how to advocate with business stakeholders and the development team
- You have worked in a rapid delivery environment where your pace and hustle were key to getting the right things done
- You will challenge developers to deliver User Stories by driving test automation quickly
- You will effectively communicate with key stakeholders and understand the business needs
- You will be agile and flexible and be willing to bring new ideas to the table
If you feel you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!