People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Our client is looking for a Project Manager/Business Analyst for a 3 month contract. Our client is a technology start up company which has the financial backing of a well-established, well-connected parent company. We love this company because each team member can make a significant impact, and because they like to hire smart, engaged people.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Prioritize requirements within a project, epic, or sprint according to its size and complexity, including; defining team/stakeholder roles, planning considerations (size, risk, complexity factors), selection of requirements activities, management of requirements, and measuring/reporting requirements activity status.
- Meet and interact individually with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and external vendors to elicit business requirements and produce documentation to facilitate stakeholder self-assessment of business needs
- Analyze business requirements and produce applicable deliverables including : User Stories, Mockups , Functional and Non-Functional Requirements , Product Requirements, Use Case Specifications, Business Rules, etc.
- Create, leverage and/or update business modelling deliverables including but not limited to: Gap Analysis Report(s), Workflows and related illustrations, Conceptual Data Models, context diagrams, flow charts and storyboards.
- Work with stakeholders and/or product owner to ensure requirements are correct , meet the needs of the business and ensure “delight of the customers”; working with Product Owner and Product Team in this quest
- Support the implementation of the solution, which entails working with the stakeholders to aid in their User Acceptance Testing, input or validation of the end Business User training material and documents to introduce and communicate solution implementation, data conversion support, etc.
- Provide day-to-day analysis and management of change requests to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Investigate support tickets and be comfortable doing technical analysis, to confirm/verify support tickets and provide accurate feedback.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to design and streamline processes, identify gaps/opportunities for process improvements, analyze issues, propose and evaluate options.
- Communicative and social; Must be able to communicate well with teams
- Facilitative; Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment; Must be able to lead a team to self-organization and facilitate a self-organizing product team's continuing evolution toward high performance
- Remove Impediments: Identify and help to remove impediments within and outside the product team, be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Leading Accountability: Help Team maintain accountability for contents of each iteration they commit to
- Assertive; Ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make tough calls but ensure collaboration
- Attitude of transparency; Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- University Degree in Business Management or Information Technology or related experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a business analyst, with exposure to web applications
- Strong foundation in the use of all Business Analysis tools & techniques related to planning, elicitation, analysis, documentation, communication and solutions support
- Experience utilizing a Project Management methodology
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Experienced in using agile to iteratively deliver products
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM, PSM 1)?
- Experience playing the role of Scrum Master for at least a year
- Applicable knowledge of PHP, Coldfusion, SQL
- Familiarity with AWS cloud-based services such as RDS, EC2, S3, and Lambda.
- An analytical mind to help bridge the GAP between business and development
- A knowledgeable coach, with a genuine passion for Agile
- A technically savvy analyst who’s comfortable dealing with technology
- A comfortable leader, capable of influencing the team and managers alike
- A humble, collaborative individual who will do whatever necessary to help the product team achieve its goals
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!