People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you a Senior Business Analyst who has a product management bend and who can translate product management processes? Do you want to work on projects with high visibility? Our client is a global leader in its field and a high profile employer in Vancouver. We love this company because of the opportunity consultants have to work on interesting projects and with like minded people.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior Business Analyst for a permanent position to work with key business stakeholders to define and implement business solution requirements.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Work with the business owners to create the roadmap for the business are
- Assess and analyze business problems and work with the business users to develop recommendations for improvement
- Identify new opportunities and work with the business users to recommend new areas of development
- Define as-is and to-be processes, perform gap analysis, and devise action plans to close the gap
- Monitor process performance (before and after project implementation) and make appropriate recommendations for improvement
- Contribute to the implementation of effective requirements practices, including the use of and continuous improvement of a requirements process
- Analyze business issues and challenges and participate in business process and business systems initiatives to improve business performance
- Participate in defining solutions to solve complex, multidisciplinary business problems with long-term implications
- Participate in the cost-benefit analyses for proposed changes to facilitate management in making implementation decisions
- Work closely with business partners to determine requirements and recommendations for solutions based on the analysis of business needs, objectives and existing enterprise architecture
- Where technology components are involved, work closely with the IT Architecture team to ensure the alignment between IT solutions and business needs
- Where technology components are involved, work closely with the development and quality assurance teams to ensure requirements are translated accurately into working functional and technical designs and that test plans/scripts serve business needs
- Write requirement specifications according to industry standards, using natural language; simple, clear, unambiguous, complete, appropriate, concise, and verifiable.
- Build relationships with internal and external customers leveraging communication and presentation skills
- Act as a strong communicator and advocate for change that results from process improvement and project work; includes stakeholder analysis, and communications planning.
- Able to work with clients at all organizational levels to define business processes and provide advice on systems.
- Perform other various duties as required from time to time
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- University degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or management information systems or equivalent.
- 7 years related work experience.
- Proven experience with business analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development and business case development.
- Intimate knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of current technology standards
- Detail oriented but also able to see the big picture
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated experience leading collaborating with team members and business stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!