People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you a Java Developer who enjoys working with people? Do you want to want to support systems that have an impact on our province?
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Java Developer for a 4 month contract position that will convert to full time permanent employment. You will handle the day to day management and administration of the systems, and coordinate support operations in the enhancement, troubleshooting and support of the applications from a technical perspective.
Here is what you'll be responsible for:
- Provides specialized technical troubleshooting and direct hands on support in all aspects of the application. Implements solutions that promote the integration of technologies based on industry standards and are compatible with the application environment.
- Coordinates and implements system upgrades and system tuning to ensure maximum performance, security and stability of the application taking into consideration client requirements and the technology of the platforms. Develops technical support procedures and ensures application support documentation is developed and maintained.
- Develops and communicates plans for planned downtime. Provides technical recommendations around downtime and disaster recovery procedures for assigned application.
- Provides technical consulting related to the acquisition of new systems and standards or the implementation of new application on existing systems. Prepares technical whitepapers and develops cases that assist the decision making process.
- Provides staff training and orientation, and develops supporting instructional material for the application. Supports operational requirements by assembling, creating and maintaining technical and operational documentation according to departmental standards.
- Supports application maintenance, modification and enhancement through programming, database development, report writing and problem solving. Analyses system performance and provides recommendations for the development of capacity plans, and provides technical recommendations related to data conversion routines and system interfaces for assigned application.
- Provides technical expertise with the implementations of applications by performing technical reviews of the documentation, writing and testing of applications and verifying that programs are functional and consistent with specifications; and for initiatives around the research and analysis for the evaluation, selection, administration and support of operating systems, system integration tools, and office automation software.
- Maintains an awareness of current information system trends and issues through literature review, contact with peers at other organizations and attendance at seminars, workshops and educational programs.
- Leads, and participates in, the analysis, acceptance criteria definition, web based application development, testing, training, implementation, and maintenance phases of assigned projects.
- Carries out post-implementation reviews and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Communicates with staff at all levels in the performing of technical support to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have 5+ years of Java and J2E development experience
- You have an understanding of complex web applications
- You have exposure to systems maintenance and configuration
- You are an expert in SQL
- You have a strong understanding of operating systems such as Windows, UNIX, or VAX VMS
- If you have any database administration experience that would be an asset
- You work really well in a team and you are able to communicate effectively
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company