Are you a Senior Back End Engineer who is interested in working on a product that upon launch will impact millions of people? Would you like to be part of an organization that will transform how people manage their careers?
We love this client because they have a vision for helping people with their career paths by using technology.
You will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying software applications. Writing code, unit tests, performing code reviews, participating in the architecture design process, enhancing the performance of applications, troubleshooting issues, and writing code to automate deployments across environments.
The technical focus of the Senior Back End Engineer is to build systems including APIs, business rules engines, integrations to external APIs, interfaces to relational databases, and creates all the foundational components of a strong enterprise backend system. Even though you are focused on the internal systems supporting the backend of the applications, we are looking for someone passionate about the user experience.
This role is for an individual who is a creative problem solver. Your input into the product will be critical to their success.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 4 Year Degree (or higher) in computer science (or equivalent)
- 5+ years writing code in Python and related frameworks
- Demonstrated experience understanding business requirements and transforming them into technical artifacts to fulfill the product vision
- 2+ years experience working with AWS particularly with EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, VPC Configuration, API Gateway, Lambda, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience building data intensive applications ·
- Experience building and documenting RESTful APIs
- Experience with python web frameworks (Django, Flask, Asyncio)
- Experience working with outsourced and offshore development teams
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Here are some of the preferred skills that you may have:
- Experience working with asynchronous task queues (e.g. Celery, RQ, Dramatiq)
- Experience building mobile applications is a plus (Swift, Kotlin, React Native)
- Experience working with search platforms like Solr or Elasticsearch
- Experience working with container based architectures (e.g. Linux Containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Experience working with serverless architectures (e.g. Fargate or Lambda)
- Experience leading off shore teams
Here are some skills that would be nice to have:
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Experience writing code in Java (or C#) and related frameworks
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.