Are you a Project Manager with experience in application implementation projects? Do you excel at change management and vendor management? Do you want to work on an application replacement that will impact the residents of BC?
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Project Manager for a contract position until December 31, 2019. The project involves replacing 2 older Legacy systems with one new system and will involve 20-30 hours per week of work.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Works with team and external vendors to determine expectations, timelines, and meet deadlines. Other upgrade projects will run in parallel with these projects and will need close management of resources with other project managers
- Manage the budget and schedule performance, external and internal stakeholder expectations, issues and risk management
- Provide consistent and comprehensive status reporting, project updates, ongoing cost analyses, issue management/resolution and communication at project and executive levels
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule, including the definition of the workstreams, resource plan and any vendor plans to meet the project objectives
- Analyzing issues and risks in terms of impact to schedule and budget and identify and execute upon mitigation plans
- Ensure all deliverables and activities required to meet the project scope and objectives are identified and documented
- Perform quality control of project deliverables and services
- Support a team environment where everyone learns from each other
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have 5+ years of project management experience in an enterprise environment
- You specialize in managing application implementation projects
- You have expertise in change management and vendor management
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You have excellent presentation and training skills
- You have excellent research and problem solving skills
- You are able to work in a team environment and independently while concurrently organizing and prioritizing workload
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.