Are you an Systems Technician / Helpdesk professional that loves tackling issues and providing excellent customer service?
We are recruiting for a Vancouver-based managed services provider that has been around since 2008. They have a good work environment with nice perks like weekly staff lunches and ice cream, 100% covered extended health benefits, a professional development budget, and more.
The ideal candidate is an energetic problem-solver who can work independently with minimal supervision. Some evening and weekend work will be required but schedules will mostly be between 8 AM to 6 PM.
Here is what you’ll be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Network, server, and desktop support (both onsite and remote)
- Respond to help desk support tickets and emails
- Plan and execute projects for deploying or migrating Microsoft network environments
- Analyzing and improving network performance
- Deploy and manage remote management and monitoring (RMM) system for ongoing server and workstation maintenance
- Plan and deploy virtualized environments in conjunction with backup/disaster recovery products
- Provide support for hosted and cloud services
- Ensure all work and network changes are properly ticketed and documented
- Participate in periodic off-hours maintenances and in on-call rotation
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience providing IT support onsite and remotely in pure and hybrid (Windows/Mac/Linux) environments
- Deep knowledge of core Microsoft products such as Windows Server 2012, Remote Desktop Services, Terminal Services and Office 365
- Experience with backup products such as Veeam, StorageCraft, Symantec etc.
- Experience with business-level network gear, such as Cisco, SonicWall, and Ubiquiti
- Great people skills and English fluency a must
- Professional personality who loves helping others
- Managed services or IT company background experience
Here are some nice to have experience:
- Linux/Mac experience a huge asset
- Previous experience with ticketing system (such as Autotask or ConnectWise) and IT Glue
- Certifications such as MCSE or VCP
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.