Are you a Kubernetes DevOps System Administrator who is looking to work in an enterprise environment? Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Kubernetes DevOps Systems Administrator who will be responsible for assisting with infrastructure design, service maintenance and upgrades, implementation and maintenance of supportive tooling and automation, as well as incident troubleshooting and resolution. He or she works closely within the IT Operations team to continually build, enhance, and maintain our highly available on-prem Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Assist in the design (major or incremental) of Kubernetes infrastructure
- Assist in the provisioning of Kubernetes infrastructure
- Identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and correct systems related issues as they arise
- Monitor and review dashboards, logs, and critical alerts to ensure system issues are identified, escalated, and addressed as quickly as possible
- Provide ongoing operational support and work closely with team members on issue resolution
- Manage and administer incident, problem, and service request queues
- Develop and maintain system use guides, run books, and other documentation as needed
- Evaluate and determine opportunities for automation and implementation
- 4+ years of experience with Kubernetes infrastructure, preferably in an on-prem deployment scenario
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator preferably within a software development environment
- In depth experience installing, configuring, and administering Kubernetes distributions
- Experience with Docker containers, experience with other containerization technology is an asset
- Solid understanding of both general and Kubernetes networking/firewall concepts and their role with regards to Kubernetes infrastructure and application delivery
- Experience with complex IT infrastructure architecture planning, design, and implementation.
- Adaptability to working with multiple teams on projects with varying degrees of flexibility/rigidity at different points in the development cycle
- Previous experience working in an environment with formally structured IT Operational processes: work request ticket management, incident management, change management, and problem management
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and/or Bash
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed
- Ability to adapt to change and work well under pressure
- Ability to multitask and manage numerous projects
- Ability to take on internal operational initiatives as a prime or lead
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and documentation skills
- Experience running and supporting a global 24x7 internet based service or product is considered an asset
- Service management certifications such as ITIL is considered an asset
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.