Are you an Senior Systems Administrator who is passionate for technology and enjoys working directly with clients? Do you enjoy building relationships and solving problems?
We are recruiting for a Vancouver-based managed services provider that has been around since 2008. They have a great work environment with nice perks like weekly staff lunches and ice cream, 100% covered extended health benefits, a professional development budget, and more.
The ideal candidate is someone who has worked at a managed services provider and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Here is what you’ll be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Provide senior support both remotely and onsite to end users
- Efficiently manage escalated support tickets with prioritization and detailed service notes
- Develop and implement project plans for system/network deployments and changes
- Define and document best practices for backup and disaster recovery planning
- Ensure high availability and performance standards across a wide variety of infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotation and occasional after-hours maintenance
- Assist with hardware/software vendor evaluation and recommendations to clients
- Offer technical guidance and support to other team members; mentor/train junior team members
- Other duties as required
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience managing Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012/2016 in a business environment, including Group Policy, Remote Desktop Services, and Office 365 deployment
- 3+ years experience managing and administering VMware 6+ and ESXi hosts
- 3+ years experience managing an enterprise backup & recovery solution such as Veeam
- Experience with ticketing systems such as ConnectWise or Autotask
- Experience with remote management & monitoring (RMM) systems
- One or more of the following technical certifications: MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, VCP or similar
- MSP experience highly desirable
- Linux and cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP) experience highly desirable
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively meet competing deadlines
- Excellent time management/organization skills with attention to detail
- Class 5 drivers’ license with clean abstract required
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.