Are you a Database Developer with solid Database Administration skills? Do you want the opportunity to build and manage mission critical systems? Do you want to work in an environment that is collaborative and where continuous improvement and development is encouraged?
Our client has asked for our help to look for a Database Developer/DBA for a permanent position. We love this company because of their community-focused culture and because this is a BC-based company.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Design and develop database components for small to medium sized projects under the direction of the Data Architect
- Develop enhancements and break-fixes to existing ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) and reporting architecture
- Perform unit tests on developed solutions to ensure they are production ready
- Identify and resolve data-related issues
- Provide support on weeknights and weekends for database-related issues based on a support schedule
- Communicate service outages and advisories to clients and business stakeholders in a clear and timely fashion
- Provide a positive experience of database services and support to customers and business stakeholders
- Participate in the change management process by communicating technical impacts of database changes
- Monitor various servers and databases to ensure that any issues can be addressed in a proactive manner
- Manage security and access to servers and databases
- Provide assistance to project teams
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have 2-3 years of database administration and development experience in a complex, enterprise environment
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar program
- You have experience with SQL Server 2016 administration and development using T-SQL
- You have Data modeling experience with a strong ability for conceptual and abstract thinking
- You have experience with ETL development using SSIS and report development using SSRS
- You have excellent system analysis and troubleshooting skills
- You possess strong attention to detail and development standards
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to work independently or within a team
- You are a great communicator and have exceptional client service skills
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.