Are you a Systems Developer, Investment Data Analytics who is smart, well-rounded, and has a passion for Finance? Do you come from a Computer Science background and do you want to work with other talented people?
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Systems Developer, Investment Data Analytics for a permanent position. With about 450 people employed throughout their offices in Canada as well as in New York and London, our Client is a leader in their industry.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
Developers play an essential role in securities data management and portfolio analytics. Our high performance systems are leveraged across a broad range of investment styles and asset classes. You own the entire software life cycle:
- Collaborate with data managers, investment analysts and portfolio managers across the firm to analyze interesting investment process problems.
- Design, plan and implement high caliber innovative systems solutions in an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Keep data management and post trade analytics systems running smoothly through enhancements and support.
- Programming Knowledge – you have an undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate degree in a computer-related field OR exceptional programming skills gained through your work experience.
- Strong Problem Solving Skills – you possess an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems. An ability to perform deep thoughtful analysis and discover solutions is required for this role.
- Investment Knowledge – understanding investment analytics is needed for you to contribute effectively. Investment knowledge is preferred and interest to learn more about this complex domain is key.
- Passion for Technology – we work with several programming languages (Kdb+/Q, Java, C#, Angular/Typescript) and upfront knowledge is not required. If you are passionate about technology, learning new languages and concepts is natural and fun.
- Passion for Operational Excellence – you have an approach and track record in achieving operational excellence where personal drive, high quality work, and getting things done are critical success factors.
- Collaborative Communication – you have a collaborative spirit that helps you to work well with others and you communicate effectively
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.