Are you a Senior Software Developer with a strong background in Open Source technologies? Are you a self starter who can take ownership of a problem within a collaborative team environment? Our client is a fast-growing software company located downtown that are working on new development and big data solutions.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior Software Developer for a full-time permanent position. This position offers an excellent work life balance and the opportunity to stay up to date with technology.
Here is the kind of person we’re looking for:
- 8+ years building web applications.
- Experience working with modern frameworks such as Rails, Zend, Laravel, and Django.
- Writes tests early on and values decoupled easily testable code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Knows how to structure applications for long term maintenance and ongoing flexibility.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to learn quickly.
- Strong understanding of common web exploits with knowledge on how to prevent them.
- Experience writing and reading RESTful APIs.
- Worked with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar.
- Very comfortable with PostgreSQL.
- Experience communicating directly with customers to synthesize their requirements and align it with business goals.
It would be great if you had:
- Knowledge of the medical insurance industry and the ability to speak directly to medical professionals.
- Experience working with React and webpack or other modern web development tool chains.
- Knowledge of distributed design patterns an asset.
- Mentored developers to raise the quality of the organization.
About the Team
We’re a team of engaged developers who love building reliable, scalable systems that solve direct customer problems. We’re an easy-going team and have found value in being open to learn new technologies and eager to dive into our applications to tackle a wide variety of technical issues.
As a team we are making significant investments into our tech stack by improving our data structure, increasing automation, scalability, and software quality.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.