People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.
Are you a Full Stack Developer who is passionate and a self-starter? Do you want to work on significant projects that impact the company? Our client is a fast-paced and energetic software company that is a leader in their field and loves innovative ideas. We love this company but the employees can influence the success of the company and are able to work with like-minded, smart people.
Our client has asked us to look for a Full Stack Developer. As a Full Stack Developer, not only will you be building the apps, services and supporting infrastructure for the products, you will also work closely with data analysts and product owners to help guide the direction of the product.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Develop new features and refactor existing code for scalable, reliable, and maintainable APIs
- Implement extensive test coverage to validate expectations and help ensure system reliability
- Work closely with DevOps on our cloud hosted services, creating new instances, scaling services, managing security, etc.
- Create and implement new solutions to address business needs, such as real-time analytics for vessel movement events
- Troubleshoot technical issues, communicate and document procedures, as well as recommending architectural changes where necessary
- Ensure there are adequate monitoring systems in place and respond to alerts in a timely fashion
- Work with data scientists and analysts to create technical solutions for key business problems
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 4+ years developing RESTful APIs with modern technologies
- Expertise in either Node.JS and/or React.JS
- Experience with Docker or virtualization
- Some DevOps experience
- Understanding of relational database administration ideally with Oracle, Postgres, PostGIS and Redis
- Experience managing cloud resources such as AWS or GCP.
- Joyent experience a plus
- An understanding of VPN concepts, CloudFlare, Load Balancers etc.
- Understanding of the importance of tests and actively practice TDD
- Experience with source code version control with Git
- Linux system administration experience or the desire to learn
- Administration of Apache and Nginx; SSL certificate management
- Experience working with content delivery netw orks like Akamai or CloudFlare a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication (and documentation) skills
- Self-driven, highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with C, C++, Haskell, Functional Programming, Docker, Docker-compose, or Kubernetes would be an asset
If you would like to explore this position, please apply now!