Are you a Senior Software Developer that enjoys solving complex problems? Do you truly enjoy collaborating with others to take on new challenges?
We are recruiting for an experienced Java developer who thrives in a fast-paced and constantly changing technical environment. The ideal candidate must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
Our client is a Vancouver-based technology company that has grown into a multi-national corporation with a strong balance sheet. We love them because they are not afraid of building products that may fail as they are more afraid of missing opportunities by not trying.
Here's what your day-to-day will look like:
- Design, operate, and maintain an efficient, reliable, distributed, and scalable backend systems
- Analyze and tune software configurations, automate manual processes, design scalable systems and identify improvements over time
- Develop concepts and technical specifications for platforms and systems
- Work with the team to effectively plan and manage development tasks, project milestones, and operational activities
- Collaborate with team members to investigate and resolve platform and system issues
- Mentor developers on best practices and industry standards
- Take initiative and ownership of work projects
- Interact with many different teams within the business
Here's the required skills and experience:
- At least 2+ years experience in a senior software development role with a focus on software and application design and architecture
- 3+ years experience as a Java developer using the Spring-boot framework
- Post secondary education in computing science or an equivalent program
- Strong database background working with mainstream relational (SQL) databases
- Ability to support and improve existing services through code refactoring, optimization, and documentation
- Takes a proactive approach to identifying inefficiencies in software and ability to provide solutions
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing technical environment
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Active problem solver with a willingness to challenge the status quo
Here's some really nice-to-have experience that would set you apart from the rest:
- Typescript, NodeJS experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and deploying services within an AWS environment
- Experience with Nosql datasources like MongoDB, Redis
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.