Are you an Android Lead Developer who is driven, passionate, and loves to work with products and millions of people use daily? Our Client is a leader in their industry and have been in business for over 10 years. We love this company because they have an active company culture with cool outings and events, beautiful office space with a million dollar view, and people are encouraged to learn and innovate.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a talented, well rounded Android Expert with proven technical leadership experience who takes ownership of solving complex problems and strives for excellence in building complex yet delightful Android apps.
So, what will you do?
- Provide technical leadership to a group of talented and experienced Android developers.
- Work alongside other developers to help architect, build and iterate on major components and new product features for and Android app used by millions of users around the globe every day.
- Work in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment and share your expertise to help solve complex problems at a large scale.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, diagnose issues and collaborate with other team members to resolve them.
- Partner closely with design, product and engineering management to continuously improve our Android application.
- Work in a data-driven environment implementing AB tests and working with analytical application data.
- Own the code base powering one of the top social applications on Google Play.
- Mentor other Android developers and help them enhance their software development knowledge.
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- You have a BS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- 5+ years of professional development experience on Android.
- In-depth experience in building and shipping complex Android applications using Java
- Proven technical leadership experience, you have previously lead a technical team or lead complex projects to completion.
- You have a strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles, design patterns, multi-threading, and networking.
- In-depth knowledge of debugging, profiling and optimizing Android Apps for performance.
- You write clean, maintainable and testable code. You set and maintain high standards of code quality.
- Experience of building apps consuming REST APIs.
- You pay great attention to detail but never lose sight of the big picture and company objectives.
- You can multitask, manage competing priorities and are comfortable with change.
- You love to learn and are always up to date with changes to Android OS, SDK and Ecosystem.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Kotlin experience (our app is written in Java but we want to build new features in Kotlin)
- Experience building REST APIs, and knowledge of Microservices.
- Experience in social networking, dating, or other subscription-based business is a plus.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.