Are you a Senior Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who is driven, accountable, and is passionate about automation? Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior SDET for a permanent position to join a focused, agile team to drive growth in automation coverage and lead testing efforts.
As a Senior SDET, you will drive growth in your team’s automation coverage while mentoring other SDETs in the team on automation and test practices. You will work directly with Java code in an established automation framework to test back-end services for large scale data processing. You will support the team’s testing efforts while proposing and implementing improvements in the automation coverage and frameworks.
- Design, develop and maintain automation frameworks, infrastructure and tools
- Define and automate test cases that verify product requirements
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
- Participate in test execution, issue identification and resolution in support of the release
- Provide suggestions to improve automation and test processes
- Develop and maintain shared testing libraries
- Provide training, mentorship and support to other members on the team
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Document the automation framework, tools and infrastructure
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software testing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in test development
- Strong understanding of the Java language
- Strong understanding of testing practices in an agile environment
- Experience with JUnit
- Experience with web services technology such as REST, JSON or Thrift
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with design patterns
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Big data technology such as Hadoop, MongoDB or Kafka
- Network principles and protocols such as HTTP, TLS and TCP
- Managing windows or linux servers
- Continuous integration systems such as Bamboo or Jenkins
- Continuous delivery concepts
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates