Are you an Integration Developer with expertise in ESB, RESTful web services and SOAP-based web services? Do you want to work on a high profile Digital team that is involved in interesting, impactful projects?
Our client has asked us to look for an Integration Developer for a permanent position. As part of the Digital Channels team, the Integration Developer designs and develops application integrations, interfaces, data flows, APIs, and integration middleware. The Integration developer designs and develops API's and micro services using best in class integration patterns.
Here's what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Develop and support a best-in-class internal and external-facing API layer for application integration
- Using an Enterprise Service Bus architectural model, define systems integrations including integration, APIs, and dataflow designs
- Develops API using a combination of: Java, JBoss, JSON, XML, Queues (JMS, MSMQ, Active MQ), RAML
- Implement CI/CD best practices in the use of: AWS, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, MUnit, JMeter
- Create API Functional specifications and technical detailed design
- Perform API design and code reviews
- Create build artifacts using GitHub, Maven, MUnit,
- Develop unit testing artifacts using Postman and SoapUI
- Business Acumen Develop/possess an understanding of business processes in the banking industry
- Leadership Provide technical leadership in the area of integration development
- Project Management Jointly responsible with the Quality Assurance team to ensure systems are appropriately tested and meets requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise to support decision making on projects’ scope based on priority, business value and development resources
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technology discipline
- Minimum 4 – 6 Years of Job-Related Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in integration development or related experience in a multi-application enterprise environment with mission critical systems.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with API development including defining and applying API management best practices.
- 2+ years of experience with Java, JBoss, JSON, XML, MS SQL Server or Oracle, Queues (JMS, MSMQ, Active MQ), RAML.
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Application Integration using an ESB (TIBCO or Mulesoft) and ETL processes.
- Must have Mulesoft certifications – Integration & API Associate and demonstrated competency with API development with Mulesoft
- Experience working with external vendors for software service delivery.
- Experience with using CI/CD tools such as GitHub, Maven, Jenkins
- Experience with financial services and knowledge of FI software an asset
- Experience with Spring Framework and Cloud technology such as AWS or Azure an asset
- Advanced ability to map complex business issues to elegant technology solutions
- Advanced experience with Mulesoft ESB, AWS, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, MUnit, JMeter
- Advanced experience with Java, C# .Net, JBoss, JSON, XML, MS SQL Server or Oracle, Queues (JMS, MSMQ, Active MQ), RAML
- Advanced knowledge in Agile development methodologies
- Ability to manage and prioritize a complex workload with minimal supervision
- Advanced knowledge of and adherence to Software Development Life Cycle methodology
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write comprehensive technical documentation and coach or influence others
- Ability to travel between Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland offices occasionally
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.