Do you want to make a difference in a non-technology company that has an emphasis on enabling IT to move the business forward? Our client is a large food distribution and manufacturing company that is a leader in its field. We love this company because they really take care of their employees and value IT.
Our client has asked for help in finding a Systems Administrator for a permanent role. This role will design, build, implement, improve, and maintain its corporate data centres, networks, and related infrastructure. Reporting to the IT manager, the mandate of the position is to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and reliability of all operations through the innovative and skillful use of the technology infrastructure. The position is an integral part of the global IT team, with responsibilities across all their companies.
A highly motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative, the System Administrator will work on all IT systems, systems, networks, and infrastructure, with a forward-looking approach yet also one that maximizes uptime and company productivity.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Manages all hardware and software systems of the company's data centers, including servers, SANs, switches, routers, firewalls, cooling systems, UPS + generator, and other related infrastructure.
- Manages and maintains all networks, including the corporate WAN using Paloalto firewalls and associated switch fabric.
- Oversees corporate single tenant Office 365 deployment, including performing all business migrations to the tenant.
- Supports all security initiatives across all the company's businesses, including vulnerability remediation and PCI compliance.
- Responsible for patch management and implementation of all security policies and infrastructure.
- Ensures adequate and effective disaster recovery/backup of all essential businesses systems.
- Ensures systems results by conducting system audits of technologies and processes implemented or designed.
- Provides technical expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, and conversions or data maintenance.
- Develops standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written policies and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
- Maintains a strong commitment to written documentation, including but not limited to IT or security policies, internal architecture documentation, system and user manuals, license management, and documentation of modifications and upgrades (change control).
- Manages telecommunications infrastructure, as required.
- Assists with end-user services and hardware, as required.
- Supports Company in its objective to follow all standards, policies, procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent education and experience, along with demonstrated, advanced system administration experience.
- Ten or more years of progressive technology experience with at least five years of advanced system administration experience.
- Proven capability of working independently and autonomously.
- Expert in a Microsoft Windows infrastructure, with experience with all common business server applications.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization and client/server architecture; VMWare required.
- Skilled network administration capabilities, including Paloalto, Cisco, and similar systems.
- Versatile in all types of physical hardware: from the copper of layer 1 to cooling, and from SANs to servers, you love it all.
- Knowledge of backup software, as well best practices and procedures.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience preferred, including knowledge of complex hardware and control systems.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.