Are you a Senior Java Developer who is looking to apply their strong technical skills to create meaningful software related to environmental data management? Do you work best in a dynamic and collaborative environment?
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior Java Developer for a permanent full-time position designing and building enterprise level software. They are looking for a long term fit to join one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on a daily basis:
- Exercise your vision and technical background to help design and build enterprise-level software.
- Monitor the latest trends and technologies in software and help employ best practices and efficient processes.
- Participate in the development of AI software products.
- Be a key contributing member within an Agile team.
- Perform architectural and object-oriented design, review, and implementation of production-quality features and tests.
- Participate in effort and complexity estimation for new/proposed product features and tasks.
- Continuous research to keep up with new technologies and best practices.
- Assist in effectively diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with the product.
Here’s the type of experience we are looking for:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Real experience (at least 5 years) building and maintaining large, enterprise, and/or Internet applications.
- Java and JVM based application development.
- AngularJS based application development.
- Agile and Test Driven Development.
- Cloud computing environments (preferably AWS) and continuous cloud delivery.
- Eclipse, Jenkins, Maven and related development and build automation tools.
- Design and development with structured and unstructured data storage technologies.
- Experience building, deploying, and managing applications on Amazon’s cloud (i.e. AWS).
Here’s the type of personality that will be a good fit for this role:
- Self-starter with excellent design and analysis skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of an agile team.
- Outstanding English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish work priorities, effectively multi-task and balance varying demands.
- Dedication to keeping up to date with current technology trends and development best practices.