Are you a DevOps Engineer who is passionate and a self-starter? Do you want to work on significant projects that impact the company? Our client is a fast-paced and energetic software company that is a leader in their field and loves innovative ideas. We love this company because the employees can influence the success of the company and are able to work with like-minded, smart people.
Our client has asked us to look for a DevOps Engineer. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be a critical component in the evolution of our client's technology and products.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Working closely with the development team to help build and deploy new services to the GCP cloud-hosted infrastructure, such as creating new instances, scaling the services, managing security groups, etc.
- Keeping infrastructure as code deployment up to date and tested
- Troubleshoot technical issues, communicating and documenting procedures, and recommending architectural changes where necessary
- Ensure there are adequate monitoring systems in place and respond to alerts in a timely fashion
- Setup tooling such as Kiali, Graphana, Jasper to monitor environments
- Continue to build out continuous delivery release process and automate rollback procedures.
- Build and maintain canary infrastructure
- Monitor and maintain Istio setup for our production platform
- Work closely with Technical Operations to integrate our GCP hosted infrastructure with our on-premise infrastructure.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 4+ years working with RESTful APIs with modern technologies such as NodeJS, React and Express
- Understanding of relational database administration ideally with Oracle, Postgres with PostGIS and with Event Buses like Kafka and/or Redis
- Experience managing cloud resources, GCP in particular; we currently use a combination of on-premise and GCP. An understanding of VPN concepts, CloudFlare, Load Balancers etc.
- Understanding of the importance of tests and TDD
- Experience with source code version control with Git
- Linux system administration experience and the strong desire to learn
- Administration of Apache and Nginx; SSL certificate management
- Experience working with content delivery networks like Akamai or CloudFlare
- Excellent written and verbal communication (and documentation) skills
- Self-driven, highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
If you would like to explore this position, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.