Are you a Senior Android Developer who is looking to work on cutting edge technology for a company that is committed to solving a huge problem in the wireless payment industry? Do you have experience working on security and security protocols with a deep understanding of software development methodologies? Our client is a small team of industry professionals working with industry leaders on solutions to real world problems.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior Android Developer for a 3-month contract position to join a self-directed team working with sophisticated tools. This role would be mostly remote work with a good chance of extension.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of multiple innovative Android apps aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices.
- Native Android (using Java / Kotlin) development and their integration with multiple back-end services and 3rd Party SDK’s.
- Integrate 3rd party C/C++ SDK’s into our Android application.
- Collaborate with a small, focused team of software engineers, QA, PM, and designers as well as our customers and other stakeholders to design, develop and deploy mobile apps. - Comfortable with switching into some focused back-end server development and System Architecture work where it directly affects Android development
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code, designing, building and maintaining high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code and ensuring the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the application.
- Also identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs, integrate applications with backend services and help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Eagerness to learn about new libraries and technologies in the context of benefiting our product roadmap.
Here is the type of experience we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong understanding of Polymorphism, Inheritance, Interface, Encapsulation, SOLID, DRY - Solid experience in Android native Application development using Kotlin / Java
- Solid experience with C pointers, C++ and/or NDK development; embedded systems design
- Wrote & Published to Google Play store one or more apps, esp. An app that uses the IAB API
- Strong Knowledge of popular Android libraries such as: Retrofit 2, RxJava 2, Dagger 2
- Social Coding skills: high capacity to receive feedback and give feedback on code reviews
- Experience with Android Services and AIDL, Keystore and Fingerprint API - Mobile Security experience including RSA Encryption, OWASP Top 10 for Mobile
- Strong understanding of Model-View-Presenter
- Strong understanding of ViewHolder, Singleton, Builder, State, Strategy, Facade patterns. - Experience with Offline Architecture, threading, and performance tuning
- Understanding of Google's Android Architecture components, design principles and interface guidelines
- Deep knowledge of the Android Gradle build system; able to recommend build system improvements - Very strong SW debugging skills
- Strong Unit Testing Skills - Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with TeamCity, Appium, Spring Boot, Android Studio, JIRA, Git
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.