Are you a Network Engineer with expertise in Security? Do you like working in an enterprise environment where you will be given the autonomy to run with things?
Our client has asked for our help in looking for an Infrastructure Planning Specialist for a permanent position. We love this company because of the great benefits and stability in the job.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Creates and maintains an Infrastructure Roadmap by researching and recommending future IT infrastructure technology architecture based on business and technology needs, strategic fits, industry best practices, and product capabilities. Performs IT infrastructure capacity planning, technology evaluations and recommendations in conjunction with Enterprise Architecture, IT Applications and business units as necessary. Develops long-term technology lifecycle strategy for IT infrastructure domains such as desktop hardware and software, storage and data recovery, server and data center, voice and data technology, network and security, and communication and collaboration.
- Using the IT Infrastructure Technology Roadmap, identifies and prioritizes IT infrastructure initiatives to plan appropriate projects. Identifies functional and technical requirements, defines project scope, identifies project resourcing requirements and develops project budget estimates. Prepares business cases for project funding approval.
- Manages a portfolio of IT Infrastructure projects, in coordination with external service providers and suppliers to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of business technology initiatives. Develops communication strategy regarding the infrastructure upgrade/change plans, site impacts, transition plans and responsibilities of all. Identifies potential conflicts arising from policies, standards and guidelines, or technology architecture, and recommends solutions for resolution. Identifies technical change management activities, and participates in quality control reviews and production turnover activities.
- Analyzes and processes complex IT infrastructure requests to ensure that the specified technology is appropriate for the clients’ needs, and that the technology will operate in IT infrastructure environment. Determines the technology requirements and assesses the impact of the request, advising on alternatives and specifying the technical work in detail for service delivery partners. Approves the technology requests when appropriate and ensures that the submitted requests are completed as required.Develops and maintains workflow procedures and processes, as well as IT guidelines, standards and policies such as security guidelines and policies related to the acceptable use of IT assets, desktop and server hardware and operating system standards, and server and storage virtualization guidelines.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration (with an IT emphasis)
- You have 5+ years of experience as a network engineer with an emphasis on security
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You are able to work in a complex enterprise environment
- You have a valid Class 5 BC Driver's license
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.