Are you a Project Manager with ERP implementation experience? Are you easy to work with and accountable? Do you want to make a difference in a non-technology company that has an emphasis on enabling IT to move the business forward?
Our client is a large food distribution and manufacturing company that is a leader in its field. We love this company because they really take care of their employees and value IT.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Lead major ERP projects, including design, deployment, enhancement, maintenance, and integration of new or existing business systems or processes.
- Through utilization of project management best practices and superlative communication skills, accelerates completion of multiple technology projects. Project activities will include planning, scheduling, resourcing, task management, budget analysis and reporting, risk management, communication, and training.
- Facilitates meetings and workshops, developing and publishing effective agendas in advance, and taking clear notes and documentation for distribution.
- Oversees task allocation, task completion, and all associated follow-through and reporting.
- Executes technology strategies through excellent organizational leadership to enhance operational excellence, improve staff effectiveness and efficiency, lower product risk, and foster innovation, in conjunction with company leadership.
- Writes and updates all project status documentation and reports.
- Maintains a strong commitment to written documentation, including but not limited to internal system and business process documentation, system manuals and user training, and documentation of modifications and upgrades (change control).
- Communicates regularly with management and all users of information services and systems.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent education and experience, along with advanced technical or managerial credentials (CRISC, PMP, CISP, CISM) or related experience
- Ten or more years of progressive technology experience with at least seven years of project management experience, with experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or finance system experience required.
- Knowledge of complex hardware and control systems and advanced reporting and analysis capabilities preferred.
- Capable of working independently and autonomously on a variety of assignments.
- Management of multiple, concurrent projects.
- Ability to work across all departments of the business, from the shop floor to finance to the executive level.
- Strong negotiation skills, including effective management of 3rd party relationships.
- Excellent and effective use of language (in English) to guide, influence, and document project progress or issues.
- Deeply committed to delivering effective, timely, and appropriate service to all internal and external clients
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Utilizes an outgoing, approachable style and can build rapport with various stakeholders by developing proactive partnerships with operational and corporate colleagues.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to resolving issues prior to significant conflict.
- Enjoys working in a relaxed, supportive team environment that is fast-paced and ever-changing in nature.
- Self-directed, prioritizes and balances workload according to business goals and requirements, complementing company-mandated projects with self-identified improvement projects as appropriate.
- The ability to travel up to 15% of the time across Canada and the US border.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.