We are recruiting for an Intermediate Full Stack Web Developer who enjoys problem solving and working on varied projects. The ideal candidate is someone who strives to continually improve and has great communication and interpersonal skills.
Our client is a North Vancouver-based marketing agency with a goal to help organizations tell their story. They are not afraid of challenging projects and has a tight knit and driven team.
Here’s what your day-to-day will look like:
- Develop front end components and systems for both standalone touchscreen, desktop, and mobile devices
- Develop/modify back end systems using a backend language of your choice to meet client needs.
- Develop/modify performant, responsive and clean websites with a supporting CMS.
- Support the maintenance and evolution of existing applications and the design and delivery of new.
- Collaborate with the development team and company on processes, features and recommendations.
- Architect, develop, document, and debug sites
- Ensure code integrity, reuse, optimization and organization
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle
- Ensure software standards are met
- Properly escalate issues to meet deadlines
- Be attentive to details and enforce quality
- Communicate effectively with clients
Here’s the required skills and experience:
- 2+ years of experience with PHP and WordPress
- 2+ years of experience with MySQL / PostgreSQL
- 1+ years of Angular 2+ / React / Vue.js experience, with experience building modular components
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with server optimization and Docker
- In-depth understanding of core web technologies (HTTP, HTML, CSS, jQuery, AJAX, JSON, XML, Web 2.0, etc.) and principles
- Experience with modern front-end tools, code optimization and performance (Gulp, Webpack, CSS pre-processors, task runners...)
- Experience with Bootstrap and responsive development
- Experience with creating and using REST APIs
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Continuous Delivery tools (Codeship, Bitbucket Pipelines, etc.)
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work with innovative solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess complex situations and understand key issues quickly
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet multiple deadlines
- Experience in navigating cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- A proven track record in task delivery
Here’s some skills that would be nice to have:
- AngularJS experience
- Roots WordPress Development
- OctoberCMS experience
- Django/Python experience
- Node experience
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.