Are you a Project Manager with Workday experience? Our client is one of BC's leading insurance companies. We love this company because they have an engaged executive committee and because they want to bring on consultants who will push things forward.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Project Manager for a contract until December 31, 2020. The client selected Workday as the system to replace their Finance, HR,and Payroll systems. The project is finishing its Configure & Prototype phase, and is about to enter its Test phase.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Develop, maintain, and execute project plans (and other associated sub-plans such as cutover plan, testing plan, communication plan, rollback plan etc.) in accordance with agreed project methodologies and manage scope throughout the project lifecycle
- Identify, acquire and manage project resources required throughout the project lifecycle through close collaboration with Delivery Services (PMO)
- Act as the centralized point for reporting project progress through an agreed project governance structure outlining the project’s overall status, identified risks, schedule and budget
- Act as the centralized point to provide adequate status updates to the right stakeholders at the right cadence that requires adjusting throughout various phases of the project
- Act as the main point of escalation for all quality related issues and escalation, define project quality requirements and ensure the right systems are in place and applied
- Provide clear and focused leadership for the project team to create a vision for process success and consensus on goal realization; communicate effectively with project team and stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationship, and monitor services with all vendors related to the project, including proper escalation protocol when disputes end escalations arise
- Work with Change Management Lead to develop and execute technical and business support structure during, pre and post go live, including any target organizational structure that are different than the current model
- Apply superior conflict management skills and expertise to persuade and negotiate effective resolution of issues/disputes
- Effectively manage multiple stakeholders of all organizational levels while building and maintaining healthy stakeholder relationships; stakeholders include technical resources, internal staff, subject matter experts, contractors and vendors
- Effectively facilitate discussions with other project managers, business managers, and directors
- Develop project documentation in accordance with standard templates
- Perform business, systems and data analysis tasks as required (gather business requirements, draft business processes, lead design reviews, lead test plan creation and execution, etc.)
- Participate in data validation testing, system and user acceptance testing as required.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 7+ Years Project Leadership and Management experience managing large-scale, multi- year, complex Information Technology implementations in a matrix environment
- 5+ Years of experience in formal Project and Change Management methodologies and approaches
- 5+ Years of experience with Enterprise Resource Planning implementations with ERP Cloud Implementation experience (Workday experience highly desirable)
- 2+ Years of experience with leading ERP Testing Phases and managing vendor scope of work
- Experience working with vendors and system implementors to manage project delivery
- Experience implementing/upgrading/supporting Financial Systems
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager of multi-stakeholder projects for a large complex organization across all project phases delivering projects greater than $1M
- Capability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers, subject matter experts, System integrators, vendors and other project stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of development, QA procedures, documentation and testing
- Team-oriented individual willing to share and contribute knowledge with the team
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Must have strong presentation skills and able to communicate in professional and organized manner
- A degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related technical field
- Formal project management or business training and/ or certification (Prince 2, PMP, Scrum/ Agile, ITIL, Lean, SAFe)
- Experience in Health, Insurance and/or Financial industries and environments
- Team-oriented individual eager to lead and foster team building and development
- Ability to adapt in a complex and changing environment
- Able to drive and manage change in a unionized environment
If you would like to explore this position further please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.