Are you a Systems Administrator who is passionate for technology and enjoys working directly with clients? Do you enjoy building relationships and solving problems?
We are recruiting for a Vancouver-based managed services provider that has been around since 2008. They have a great work environment with nice perks like weekly staff lunches and ice cream, 100% covered extended health benefits, a professional development budget, and more.
The ideal candidate is someone who has worked at a managed services provider and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Here is what you’ll be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Provide support for remote and onsite escalations
- Efficiently manage escalated support tickets with prioritization and detailed service notes
- Develop and implement project plans for system/network deployments and changes
- Define and document best practices for backup and disaster recovery planning
- Ensure high availability and performance standards across a wide variety of infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotation and occasional after-hours maintenances
- Assist with hardware/software vendor evaluation and recommendations to clients
- Offer technical guidance and support to other team members; mentor/train junior team members
- Other duties as required
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience managing Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012/2016 in a business environment, including Group Policy, Remote Desktop Services, and Office 365 deployment
- Experience managing and administering VMware 6+ and ESXi hosts
- Experience managing an enterprise backup & recovery solution such as Veeam
- Experience with ticketing systems such as ConnectWise or Autotask
- Experience with remote management & monitoring (RMM) systems
- MSP experience highly desirable
- Mac/Linux and experience highly desirable
- Cloud experience highly desirable (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively meet competing deadlines
- Excellent time management/organization skills with attention to detail
- Class 5 drivers’ license with clean abstract required
- One or more of the following technical certifications: MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, VCP or similar
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.