Are you a Software Development Manager who is still hands on technical with a strong C# background? Do you want to build pioneering products that are used by tens of thousands of users globally to solve real world business problems? Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Software Development Manager for a permanent position to help with the building a top-tier team that will transform Information Management through technology that is smart, sophisticated, user-centric, and highly scalable. Challenge yourself with delivering products to some of the worlds largest and most influential firms.
Here's what you'll be doing on a daily basis:
- Lead a team of talented Engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems
- Be a hands-on Engineering team manager who will spend up to 50% of their time in design reviews, sprint planning and other Agile artifacts, in addition to committing code
- Partner with peers across Engineering, Product Management, Operation, Support and Human Resources to drive delivery of cross-functional projects and address technical and resourcing challenges in your organization
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers and drivers
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- In collaboration with Product Mangers, Test Managers, and your Engineers, maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals for your team
- Help your team build relationships across functions such as Support, Operations, Test, and other teams to ensure Global Relay’s continuing success
- Appreciate and advocate for information security and secure coding practices.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- An M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 8 years software development experience, shipping enterprise grade software, using multiple languages, platforms and frameworks, including C# and SQL Server
- Experience building and managing large, highly scalable distributed services, complex databases, microservices and API’s in service and resource-oriented architectures
- 2 years of experience as a hands-on engineering team manager, leading multiple teams with 10+ direct reports, including Engineering Team Leads, Senior Developers or other Managers
- Demonstrated track record of leading geographically dispersed teams
- Understanding of modern frameworks and techniques for building web application user interfaces
- Experience being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Net Core
- Docker or Kubernetes
- CI/CD systems
- Security in an enterprise environment
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.