Are you a Systems Developer, Portfolio Management Tech Infrastructure who is smart, well-rounded, and has a passion for Finance? Do you come from a Computer Science background and do you want to work with other talented people?
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Systems Developer, Portfolio Management Tech Infrastructure for a permanent position. With about 450 people employed throughout their offices in Canada as well as in New York and London, our client is a leader in their industry.
Collaborate with data managers, investment analysts and portfolio managers across the firm to analyze interesting investment process problems.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
If you are most passionate about building high performance systems and keeping them running smoothly, this is the most interesting team in the firm. Developers play an essential role through innovative technologies: high performance in memory databases (kdb), in house compute farm, and exploration of new technologies. You own the entire software life cycle:
- Collaborate with developers across different teams and networking experts to analyze interesting technology problems.
- Design, plan and implement solutions in an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Thoughtful design and administration of large-scale high performance time series kdb databases.
- Keep systems running smoothly through enhancements and support.
This is the type of person we are looking for:
- Programming Knowledge – you have an undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate degree in a computer-related field OR exceptional programming skills gained through your work experience.
- Strong Problem Solving Skills – you possess an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems. An ability to perform deep thoughtful analysis and discover solutions is required for this role.
- Passion for Technology – we work with several programming languages (Kdb+/Q, Java, C#, Python, Powershell) and upfront knowledge is not required. If you are passionate about technology, learning new languages and concepts is natural and fun.
- Passion for Operational Excellence – you have an approach and track record in achieving operational excellence where personal drive, high quality work, and getting things done are critical success factors.
- Collaborative Communication – you have a collaborative spirit that helps you to work well with others and you communicate effectively.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.