Are you a Junior Systems Administrator with experience with help desk support? Do you want to make a difference in a non-technology company that has an emphasis on enabling IT to move the business forward?
Our client is a large food distribution and manufacturing company that is a leader in its field. We love this company because they really take care of their employees and value IT.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Provides first-line IT or office support to all users via a ticket system, including hardware, software, mobile, phone, and system support.
- Maintains regular inventory of hardware + software, ensuring rapid deployment and replacement.
- Supports MFA and VPN setup and troubleshooting for all users.
- Performs routine system administration activities, including account management, system updates, networking updates, and software or hardware troubleshooting.
- Manages all incoming support tickets in our help desk system, escalating to appropriate IT staff as necessary.
- Develops standard IT operating procedures and assists in developing best practices for users.
- Maintains a strong commitment to written documentation, including all ticketing systems and internal documentation systems.
- Trains users or provides new staff orientations, as required.
- Assists with other general support requests, as required.
- Communicates effectively with IT management and all users of IT services and systems.
- Assists testing of all IT and business system, in conjunction with IT and ERP operations teams.
- Supports the company in its obligation to follow all standards, policies, procedures, regulations, and confidentiality guidelines.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Three or more years of help desk experience preferred in a complex environment servicing 50 or more staff in multiple locations.
- Expert with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office support, including Office 365.
- Proficient in Microsoft AD and Windows Server administration.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office support.
- Basic understanding of virtual environments, including VMWare.
- Basic networking support, including TCP/IP, switch fabric, firewalls, and VPN.
- Experience with KACE or Atlassian Confluence helpful.
- Capable of working independently and autonomously on a variety of assignments.
- Manufacturing or food industry experience ideal.
- Customer service skills. Deeply committed to delivering effective, timely, and professional service to all internal and external clients. Considered a model for all staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Utilizes an outgoing, approachable style and is able to build rapport with all users by developing proactive partnerships with operational and corporate colleagues.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to resolving issues prior to significant conflict.
- Working in a relaxed, supportive yet fast-paced team environment that is fast-paced.
- Verbal and written communication skills. Excellent and effective use of language (in English) to guide, influence, and document all systems and processes. Ability to communicate clearly with diverse users.
- Tenacious approach to problem solving and resolution: won’t give up until a solution is found.
- Self-directed, prioritizes and balances work load according to business goals and requirements, complementing company-mandated projects with self-identified improvement projects as appropriate.
- Knows when to escalate issues and consult with the team for assistance or clarification.
- Variable daytime hours based on coverage requirements, scheduled in advance. Some holiday coverage required.
- Travel to other Lower Mainland businesses via automobile required occasionally. Other travel may be required, for training offsite users or other requirements, as mutually agreed. Must be eligible to travel within Canada and to the US.
- Proficient in verbal and written English required, with some verbal French or Chinese desirable.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.