We are in search of a Software Developer for a contract role to join the Professional Services team. In this position you get to work on client projects in a wide variety of applications of quantitative development across many areas of our client's business.
Our client provides software and services supporting the valuation, reporting and risk management of multi-asset, multi-currency portfolios to hedge funds, asset managers, insurers, pension funds, banks, and corporate treasuries around the world from with offices in Vancouver, New York, London and Dublin.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Implement complex valuation and risk solutions through customer implementation projects.
- Actively seek and clarify requirements with internal stakeholders.
- Implement microservices and libraries with performance, usability and maintainability in mind.
- Use automation to deploy, test and deliver code in a fast paced environment.
- Stay up to date on cloud technology, coding best practices and third party packages.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 5+ years of employment experience in a software development environment.
- Strong hands-on experience using Python. Preference would be given to candidates that also have Java experience.
- Solid understanding of software development patterns and best practices.
- Experience with microservices and associated technologies (e.g. REST).
- Understanding of distributed software architectures.
- Experience in data management and data integration.
Preference will be given to those candidates that have additional experience with the following:
- Cloud technologies and containerization
- Jenkins, Ansible and Gitlab.
You get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside hard-working, smart people to build something that matters.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.