Would you like to work for a well-known brand on high traffic web and mobile products? Our client has web and mobile products that are used my millions of users. We love this company because of their great culture and the impact that each employee can have on the company.
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer for our client for a permanent role.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Develop Android applications for mobile phone and tablet devices
- Participate in design review, architecture, and coding practice discussions for new features and the overall app
- Perform code reviews
- Identify gaps or areas of improvement in the development and testing process
- Track app performance and optimize bottlenecks
- Participate in enhancing the CI pipeline to make it faster and provide more test coverage, with the goal of eliminating manual testing and being release ready after each commit
- Work with QA on proper code organization and test architecture to seamlessly integrate their integration tests into the CI pipeline
- Work closely with other developers, QA, and project managers to ensure alignment of priorities, deliverables and deadlines
- Collaborate with UX to ensure the app has a native look and feel, and closely follows the Human Interface Guideline
- Reach consensus with the backend developers on data models and communication protocols using JSON, and implement according to spec
- Be an enthusiastic and positive representative of the team as you interact with a variety of business partners
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Familiar with modularization in the Android environment, and sharing modules across apps
- Experience using interfaces to separate areas of responsibility and facilitate stub testing
- Advanced knowledge of Java, JUnit, Espresso, and cloud-hosted JSON-based REST APIs
- Advanced knowledge of MVC, MVP, and MVVM
- Experience using a CI pipeline as part of the code review process
- Source control, branching, merging using Git
- In-depth understanding of the Material Design Guideline
- App performance optimization for data and battery consumption
- Initiative to work independently and proactively identify work that needs to be done
- Leadership and ability to positively influence others
- Agile processes for development using tools like JIRA
- Strong English skills, both written and oral
- One or more published successful commercial native Android applications
- 5+ years of development experience in a large team environment
- 3+ years of Android development experience
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer engineering, or equivalent degree
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.