Are you a Business Architect who is a strategic thinker with high business acumen? Have you been involved in business transformations and are you able to work with all levels of an organization?
Our client is a company that provides services to the residents of BC. We love this company because they have great work life balance and you get to see the results of your work.
Our client has asked us to look for a Business Architect for a permanent role. The Business Architect role is a senior-level, strategic business partner who shares ownership for both business strategy and business results. The Business Architect's primary objective is to partner with the business to jointly determine strategic direction, breaking down silos to optimize cohesive organizational effectiveness. The BA’s primary objective is to align the enterprise architecture with the organization’s strategic direction by developing and maintaining an integrated view of capabilities, and value streams of the enterprise.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Capture tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Using a structured business architecture approach and methodology, develop and maintain multi-year business architecture artifacts in line with corporate strategy (strategy models, business capability model, value streams, organizational models, transformation models and roadmaps), recommending tools where necessary.
- Be an active member of the Enterprise Architecture team to plan consistent and customer centric architecture per capability.
- Manage business process relationships and enterprise architecture dependencies between projects.
- Define, document and communicate business architecture standards.
- Lead the strategic interface between IS and the business to stimulate, surface and shape demand for capabilities and assets, and ensure business benefits are captured, optimized and recognized across product lines, and at times within.
- Develop a deep knowledge of all lines of business and build positive relationships both horizontally and vertically.
- Think strategically and identify business function opportunities. Be creative and innovative with regards to industry trends and digital advances.
- Identify and integrate business partner’s long-range plans into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
- Understand both business and technology strategies and partner with executive leadership (ET/ST) and Line of Business Product Managers to suggest and plan avenues to improve efficiencies, new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
- Engages organizational prioritization and resource capacity planning initiatives.
- Interact with all levels of the organization to understand satisfaction and capability challenges.
- Advocate an awareness and focus on the strategic plans of the business.
- Partner with the IS Governance & PMO to ensure a healthy and well-managed initiative portfolio
- Partner with business transformation and change management teams to ensure effective business transformation for all initiatives and communicate benefits achieved for costs incurred.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have 7+ years of experience in Information Technology and Business
- You are a strategic thinker who excels at building relationships
- You are able to influence and drive change through an organization
- You have been a key player in a business transformation before
- You are motivated by short-term value and long-term results
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology and/or Business & Finance
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.