Are you a Technology Architect who can look at technology from an enterprise level? Have you been involved in business transformations and are you able to work with all levels of an organization?
Our client is a company that provides services to the residents of BC. We love this company because they have great work life balance and you get to see the results of your work.
Our client has asked us to look for a Technology Architect for a permanent role. The role of the Technology Architect is to enable business and IT leaders to make investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands, risks, and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the organization and the provides technology guidance, road maps, principles, standards, and best practices.
The Architect’s role is to plan, coordinate, architect, and supervise all activities related to the implementation and integration of software programs, applications, and third-party solutions as required to meet the business requirements of the organization. This individual is also responsible for developing and maintaining an application integration architecture blueprint for the organization. This individual will oversee testing of the interoperability of application modules under development by in-house software development teams; commercial off-the-shelf software deployed in the organization; and with external third parties as necessary. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, ability to work with senior management/executives and knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of company’s strategic business plans.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, and other Systems Architects.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Develop and manage an infrastructure capacity plan.
- Develop and maintain an integration architecture blueprint for the organization.
- Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing systems and software throughout the enterprise.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a technology standards policy.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure and application development efforts,and recommend technologies that will increase ability to innovate, cost effectiveness and agility.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT application infrastructure, including analysis of innovation/cost reduction/agility opportunities.
- Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and applications performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains.
- Research and make recommendations on integration products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of newly-integrated software programs and applications.
- Lead integration testing phase of software and applications under development in order to identify and remedy potential problem areas.
- Liaise with software developers and engineers to address issues in program logic and the interoperability of new applications with existing systems software.
- Build relationships with software development and engineering teams to gain an understanding of application architectures and required functionality.
- Build relationships with vendors of application software deployed in the organization’s IT environment to learn about and provide feedback on their technical integration capabilities.
- Ensure the collection and coherent interpretation of the various business processes affected by integration efforts.
- Work diligently to enhance or improve business processes via integration or, as necessary, minimize the impact of integration on those processes.
- Evaluate results of integration projects, then report and make recommendations based on findings.
- Where necessary, provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have 10+ years of experience in Information Technology and Business
- You have had a a key role in a business transformation before
- You have implemented enterprise SaaS products before, ideally Salesforce and Guidewire
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and written, and to both technical colleagues and non-technical colleagues
- You have proven experience in developing enterprise and solution level architectural designs.
- You have proven experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
- You have experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
- You have excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- You have strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- You are able to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- You can present ideas in user-friendly language.
- You effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- You are able to conduct research into application integration issues and products.
- You have knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.