Are you a Project Analyst who has experience supporting multiple large scale enterprise projects in a fast-paced environment? Are you incredibly organized and do you work well with people at all levels of an organization?
Our client is a large company that provides essential services to the residents of BC. We love this company because of the interesting projects they do and stability of their work environment.
Our client has asked us to help them find a Project Analyst for a 6 month contract with the opportunity to extend. The Project Analyst will support the PMO Manager and Project Managers with tasks such as Financials, Accruals, Project budgets, Forecasting, Reporting, creating presentations, and facilitating meetings.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Coordinates preparation internal and external reports through gathering, analyzing and summarizing data and information from the departments
- Prepares presentation materials for management reports
- Ensure that project/program expenses are charged correctly, and if not research and provide reasons for discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly variance report with associated footnotes.
- Evaluate and monitor the performance and efficiency of projects/programs
- Monitor project/program revenue and expense reports, review for accuracy and completeness.
- Work on overall project/program planning through reporting on project schedules and deliverable.
- Work with project/program staff to prepare cost application and budgets for new business development.
- Monitor project/program budgets by reviewing reports and Project/program expenses to determine if allocated funds have been spent as specified.
- Study assigned project/program and understands targets and goals.
- Provide support in planning, and monitoring major projects from concepts through implementation.
- Assist in integration of multiple projects into an integrated program plan.
- Evaluate Integrated Program Plan to highlight risks on slippages, overruns, including to interdependencies between the Projects within a Program and to outside Programs.
- Assist with the preparation of a variety of reports covering budget status, forecast reports, and other management reports, as required by the Program Manager.
- Keep track of active program budgets and ensuring that program expenses are strictly monitored monthly and that monthly expenses are on target.
- Assist in the initiation, conducting, and coordinating of studies and analysis on resource allocation, financial program evaluation reviews; analyze programs to ensure that program financial goals and work plans are on target.
- Assist in the preparation of long-term financial forecast of revenues and expenditure.
- Assist in the preparation of program budget realignments.
- Document minutes as assigned, book meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the PMO Manager.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have 3+ years of experience supporting large enterprise projects
- You have 1+ year experience coordinating and/supporting business processes.
- You are proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, common email systems, and basic networking and database concepts.
- You are an expert with MS Excel.
- You have strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- If you have any project management experience that would be an asset.
- You are a critical thinker with strong analytic skills
- You are creative and have critical problem solving skills
- You have excellent attention to detail and a keen eye for quantitative and qualitative anomalies
- You have excellent research skills demonstrated through the ability to learn new information in a quick and thorough manner
- You have the ability to effectively deal with a wide variety of competing demands
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You manage your time well and are extremely organized
- You have a proven ability to multi-task over multiple projects and deliver in a fast-paced environment;
- You are willing and able to work on a flexible and varied work schedule
- You have a positive attitude
- You are able to communicate complex quantitative ideas to internal and external clients at all levels of seniority
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates