Are you a Senior Software Engineer who is driven and loves to work with end to end technologies? Do you have a passion for Ruby on Rails and a desire to work on online projects that are used extensively by our local community?
Our client is a technology startup company which has the financial backing of a well-established, well-connected parent company. We love this company because each team member can make a significant impact, and because they like to hire smart, engaged people.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Providing hands-on contributions to build and improve architecture, application design, and code development for all applications
- Translate designs and style guides provided by the UI/UX team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance
- Contribute clean, maintainable code to the products, ensure all code is properly tested
- Develop customer facing and internal projects and participate in face-to-face, web-based, and phone meetings with internal business stakeholders, operations and technical teams
- Participate in an Agile development process
- Perform or direct requirements analysis, estimation and project planning
- Provide leadership and direction to other developers on the project team
- Own success: communicating progress on the development effort to stakeholders and taking responsibility for successful delivery of features
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Demonstrated Ruby on Rails programming skills on a production product
- Experience with common libraries such as RSpec, Resque, caching
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of server-side templating languages (Liquid, Slim, HAML)
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Familiarity with development build tools (Bower, Rake, Bundler)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar technical degree
- 3+ years related work experience
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.