Are you a Release Engineer who is passionate about technology and enjoys working in a team environment? Are you easy to work with and accountable? Our client is a fast-paced and energetic software company that is a leader in their field and loves innovative ideas. We love this company because the employees can influence the success of the company and are able to work with like-minded, smart people
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Release Engineer for a permanent role. In this role, you’ll handle source control, build management and release preparation duties. This position requires demonstrated experience with TFS, source control best practices, build management and script development.
You must be a self-motivated, team player with the ability and passion to see projects through from conception to completion within prescribed time frames. The position is demanding, requiring a dynamic individual with a strong desire for accomplishment. The right candidate will find a challenging, goal-oriented position with the creative latitude to improve processes, introduce new concepts & ideas and implement solutions.
A passion for bringing order and control to the client's processes while remaining flexible and sensitive to the need to accommodate existing methodologies by implementing changes in a manner appropriate to the situation.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
Design and develop build scripts, deployment mechanisms, as well as manage, integrate, and enhance source code control and issue tracking systems. You will produce change reports and monitor-regulate-respond to change events for project releases that often span multiple code streams
Work closely with quality assurance, development groups (web, application and database) and project teams to automate processes and increase efficiency. You will be expected to stay focused on process development initiatives while delivering release contents for active projects.
You will have the ability to fulfill supporting/mentoring roles in other areas of the release process that may include packaging, provisioning, deployment, installation and maintaining/configuring application environment configurations.
As a public company, our client has to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and you will be expected to assist with compliance related activities where appropriate.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Computer Science Degree or similar
- 5+ years working in Microsoft Visual Studio development environments
- 3 + years managing source code, configuring source control systems
- 3+ years developing .NET applications
- Expert knowledge and skills managing and delivering builds and other source controlled release contents.
- Strong with automation/scripting in a Microsoft environment specifically with recent and current versions of Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio and MSBuild
- Demonstrated experience working in development environment(s) with hands-on skills implementing and operating automated build processes.
- Solid understanding of VMware and/or other virtualization products in the context of using virtual environments for managing development and test environments.
- Experience with Visual Build Professional or similar 3rd party automation tools extending and enhancing (or circumventing) Microsoft development tools.
- Experience with n-tier web development and web services in a high-volume environment with a familiarity with .NET programming.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent reasoning, analysis and problem solving skills and the ability to document ideas clearly and concisely
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.