Are you a Senior DevOps/ Site Reliability Engineer who wants to be responsible for the smooth operation of production and test environments? Are you interested in building automation to improve reliability and efficiency of code delivery from build to production?
Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Here's what you'll be doing on a daily basis:
- Depending on your team's needs and your skill-sets, your time will be split between
- Automation: Developing tools & frameworks to enhance our CI (Continuous Integration) & CD (Continuous Delivery) automation using industry standard CI/CD practices
- Operations: Monitor and ensure smooth operation of production and test environments by executing common sysadmin (system administration) tasks and automating repetitive tasks
- Service Reliability: Occasionally provide support and initial troubleshooting when required by reviewing dashboards and logs to ensure system issues are timely addressed
Here’s the type of technology you’ll be working with:
Depending on your team, some of the technologies you will interact with:
- Big Data Technology such as Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Kafka
- Build & Deployment Automation such as Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Maven, Ansible
- Containerization/Virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift, VMware)
- Instrumentation & Monitoring (Splunk, Zabbix, Prometheus)
- Linux Teams: Python, Bash, Java.
- Windows Teams: PowerShell, Python, C#
- Front end development: React, Android, iOS
Here’s the kind of person we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience as a DevOps/SRE engineer or similar role
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Good programming skills such as Python, Java and C#
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals like threading, OOP and more
- Understanding of software systems concepts such as networking, firewalls, protocols, databases and more
- Strong understanding of software delivery practices such as Git branching models, configuration management, secret rotation, feature toggling, no-downtime deployment and more
- Experience with:
- Linux Teams: Linux (CentOS preferred), Bash and Maven/Gradle
- Window Teams: Windows, PowerShell and Nuget
- RDBS and NoSQL DBs such as Ms SQL, Cassandra
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Infrastructure as Code tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Containerization/Virtualization technology such as Docker, VMware or OpenShift Kubernetes
- Load balancing tools such as HA-Proxy, Nginx or F5
- Experience with the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with any of these: Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Kafka, Ms SQL, or MongoDB
- Experience leading or mentoring other engineers
- Experience influencing the design and delivery of software in your organization
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.